8 grams of FIBER per serving!
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- splashes hot sauce
- 2 cups crushed multi-grain tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup extra salsa
1. Cook rice in 4 cups water (I didn’t use instant so it took about 45 minutes)
2. While rice is cooking, chop all your veggies and rinse black beans.
3. When rice has soaked up just about all the water, add salsa and mix well.
4. Add all veggies (except lettuce), beans, and corn.
5. Simmer until everything is heated through.
6. Serve over bed of lettuce.
7. Top with cheese, tortilla chips, hot sauce, sour cream, and salsa.
*Serves A LOT. Yeah I know…really specific! But that’s what happens when you just throw things together! I made this for 2 and got 6 extra lunch servings! And extra for lunch is a must in my cooking; it’s the only way my lunches remain as healthy as my dinners.
Garnished with a clementine. More fiber! Gonna be a fun night!