One of the best Chinese dishes, morphed into a hearty soup. It’s perfect for this 15 degree night. Where in the world did this cold come from?! I don’t like it. Not one bit!
But this soup warmed me from the inside.
Beef and Broccoli Soup
- 1 pound beef, cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon pepper jelly (thanks Kully for the yummy homemade stuff)
- 1 cup wild rice mix
- 8 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sauté beef in olive oil in a skillet.
- Add a small amount of beef fat to soup pot and drain remainder off beef, set aside. Sauté onion and carrots in beef fat until just slightly softened.
- Add pepper jelly, teriyaki sauce, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Add rice and bring back to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes or until rice is just about cooked.
- Add broccoli and beef. and simmer 10 more minutes until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add more pepper jelly if desired to adjust spice level.
Nom nom nom!
30 Minutes Movement: I really wanted to walk, but it’s just too darn cold. Off to continue to warm up from the inside out with a yoga video.Pin It