That’s what Wednesday’s going to be in my mouth.
Prepping began yesterday and you’ll be getting bits and piece of the menu all week long. Yes it’s that big!
Let’s start with dessert. Ice cream obviously. With a magnificent combination of flavors.
Coffee Butter Almond Ice Cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons instant coffee (more or less to taste)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in a 10 inch skillet and sauté the almonds with the salt.
- Cook until almonds are gold brown.
- Remove from heat and strain butter (save this for another time…I used it to cook zucchini).
- Cool almonds.
- Using a hand mixer on low speed, combine milk, sugar, and coffee.
- Stir in heavy cream and extracts.
- Pour into machine and mix for 25 minutes.
- Add almonds and mix for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer to a container and freeze. Hope that you can resist until the ice cream occasion arrives.
Recipe adapted from Cuisinart ice cream maker recipe book.Pin It