Cheddar Chive Corn Bread
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine corn meal, flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk and butter.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Fold in chives and cheese.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9” baking pan (stoneware worked great for this!).
- Bake for ~18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
It’s totally easy to make ahead. I’m all game for that. I have socializing, beer drinking, and corn hole playing to do on the Fourth! No time for cooking!
Plus I got to use some herbs from the garden! I’m so not used to cooking with fresh herbs so I tend to forget about them! I think this will be a staple way to use some chives. It’s an easy starch to add to a meal instead of potatoes, rice or pasta. We’ve already snuck a few pieces to have with our pork loin and zucchini last night.
Luckily there’s lots more where that came from!Pin It